- Joss Brooks grows more trees in Auroville green belt – BBG supports Joss Brooks who has been in India doing exemplary work over 40 years – we request our members to donate to his unique contribution to eco-sustainability in our region
- Ex – Services Association – donation to extend assistance to widows and dependents of armed services personnel
- American International School – donation towards annual event recognising schooling offered to UK expats / BDHC officers’ children
- British Council / Pemanda Monappa Trust – donation towards training and resources to teachers and students of Olcott Memorial School
- BBG’s 1st contribution went to Frontier Lifeline Hospital to start a fund towards pediatric heart surgery for the poor and needy children done by Dr. K M Cherian. BBG hopes this will trigger more members to join in and contribute to this cause. For more details contact Mrs. Sandhya Cherian, Vice President, Frontier Mediville & Director, Frontier Life line Hospital at R -30 C, Ambattur Industrial Estate Road, Mogappair, Chennai – 6000 101 / http://www.frontierlifeline.com/
- BBG is also considering a few other organisations to be assisted.
- Some of our Members have also joined this good work and we would encourage more of our members to consider participating in this aspect of our activities.
- Help Age India (Part of Help Age UK) set-up in Delhi in 1978 – BBG Chennai and Members donate in support of their activities.
- Donation to Hand in Hand India : BBG has supported donating to Hand in Hand India charity by providing water-coolers at their village civic-centres in Tamilnadu We also assisted in Hand in Hand getting water-coolers from Tata Chemicals sponsored by TCS, Chennai.